Skip to main content

"What are you hoarding for yourself that could be shared with others?"

I find myself challenged with the prompts every week. I found this weeks prompts, "What are you hoarding for yourself that could be shared with others?" and "Who do you feel are your competitors? Could you turn them into collaborators? How?" to be the most challenging so far.

The prompt I chose to do was "What are you hoarding for yourself that could be shared with others?" I did not write anything long or elaborate on this page because I find myself keeping what I wrote on this page to myself often. I wrote four words on this page, "My thoughts or feelings." 

Growing up I was always afraid to speak out in fear of being rejected even though my dad always told me to stand up for what I believe in even if no one else does. It has always bothered me that I always kept quiet because some conversations I have been apart of in high school would really fire me up. Instead of saying anything I would simply nod or say, "alright" and walk away. There are a handful of times I did speak up because I was so frustrated. After I spoke up I could not believe I had even said words but I noticed myself feeling so much better even if no one agreed with me. After that I decided I would try to speak up more often. 

When this prompt was assigned to me I thought about it a few days because I could not think of anything. I was having a brain fart! Then one night it just hit me. I thought writing those four words, "My thoughts or feelings" might  not make sense but then again they do completely. In order to form healthy relationships people must openly communicate. If I do not express how I feel then is it really effective communication? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Fun- Final Project

My project consists of an Instagram and a website. The Instagram is titled “ summerfloridafun, ” while the website is titled, “ Florida Fun .” It took a lot of patience to create my project because I used Wix to create my website and this was my first time using Wix . My goal for this project was to outline my many adventures I took while living and visiting Florida over the past three summers. The purpose was also to keep track of where I was and what I was doing and how I felt when going on these many adventures. My process was a complicated one. It always takes me forever to get an inspiration or idea. My idea took me awhile to fully get in my brain. I know I wanted to expand on my location based narrative but I didn’t know how. I wanted to do something that meant something to more than myself and that would get people interested. The technology I used was my macbook, Wix, and Instagram, along with Google . The three characteristics I used were location based, nonlinear, and...

Favorite Method(s) of Procrastination

This week we had the option to pick between the two prompts titled, "Describe your favorite method of procrastination. Can you come up with a more productive one?" or "Chart your latest project against this shape. In what ways does it match? In what ways does it differ?" As per usual, both prompts sparked my interest but when it came down to picking one I chose the one titled, "Describe your favorite method of procrastination. Can you come up with a more productive one?" One of my most common methods of procrastination, like many of my peers, is my phone. Social media, texting, and music are my main problems when it comes to turning to my phone instead of my schoolwork or whatever else I am supposed to be doing. I would say my next most common method is food. When I am working on something I am constantly thinking about everything in my kitchen cupboards and refrigerator. I am constantly snacking and it drives me crazy. I should probably weigh like 50...